After a long absence...I'm Baaaaack.

Posted by Movie Dad On Saturday, June 19, 2010 0 comments


So, I have been gone for over a year and I thought I should start to blog again, with the gentle jabbing of my beautiful wife. And what a perfect time to come back, Father's Day. A lot has happened in the last year, some good, some bad and some just fantastic.

Watching Aellyn grow is just amazing and I can say I have witnessed every minute of it. Seeing her go from being stationary to rolling around to crawling and then eventually staking her first steps on her first Birthday was nothing short of amazing. She picks up thing really fast and that became frightening the other day when I said "SHIT". So now the curbing of language begins. We taught her some sign language early so that she could communicate her immediate needs to us faster. We taught he the signs for "more", "num-num", "milk" and "all done". Others that we have taught her are "touch down", "fist bump", "hi", "bye" and "blow kisses". She also knows where her toes, legs, knees, butt, belly, arms, hands, fingers, eyes, nose, mouth, teeth, ears and hair are. She can recognized specific types of animals and slightly mimic their sound. These include dogs, birds and ducks. Not saying she is the smartest baby in the world be she is pretty damn smart.

I myself have taken measures to better my self as well. Since Jan. 1st 2010, I have lost about 37 lbs. I have chosen a healthier diet and I am getting regular exercise. I have a goal of losing another 90 lbs but that will take some time. I want to be around for along time to see Aellyn grow up and achieve all she can be in life. I want to make it to my 50th Wedding Anniversary. I want to walk Aellyn down the aisle for her wedding. I want to see my grandchildren. I want to LIVE.

When I said there were some bad times I actually only meant there was only one. 2 days ago, Aellyn and I were in a car accident. We were traveling with another stay-at-home dad and his 18 month old daughter. He was driving and I was navigator. To make a long story short. Someone ran a red light, not sure who,and we T-boned the other car. Everyone in our car walked away with minor injuries not requiring medical attention. The other driver was taken away in an ambulance and I wish her a speedy recovery. Bruises and scratches aside we are doing great but I have never been so frightened in my life. All I could think about immediately was getting to Aellyn and making sure she was ok. I did a quick once over on her to make sure there was no blood and no broken bones then got her out of the car and onto the side of the road out of danger. Instinct and my military training took over, then I broke down. I hugged her and cried. I was very emotional for me and I am glad that Aellyn will have no memory of this terrible day.

Now some good news. Paige and I have decided to try for another child. We have 3 frozen embryos at the hospital and we want to bring one of them home as a brother or sister for Aellyn. I am very excited but not with out some trepidation. The only worry I have as a stay-at-home dad is is being able to handle an infant and a toddler but if some of my wife's friends can do it, so can I.

A lot more has happened over the past year but that is my fault for not blogging. I promise to post more often and not let any of my fans down(if I still have any).

Happy Father's Day!!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment