A GREAT day to be an American!

Posted by Movie Dad On Tuesday, January 20, 2009 0 comments

I am sitting in my "Command Center" with a gigantic smile from ear to ear. 


I know that my first post should be about a movie considering that is why I created this blog, but today we all witnessed a great moment in history. Barack Obama, took the oath of office as our 44th President of these United States. We all wanted change and we all deserved it. 

I consider myself very patriotic. My favorite subject in school was and still is US History. I served in the US ARMY. I weep when I sing the National Anthem and I believe ALL men and women are created equal. 

It makes me ill that it has taken this long to have an African American President and it makes me furious that so many people still believe there is an inferior race and the social and economic ladder should reflect so.  We all need to do a little more to help out our neighbors and friends no matter color, race, creed or economic status. Habitat for Humanity is how I give back and I want to do more. Not only do I have hope for the future because of President Obama, I have hope for the future of my soon to be new born daughter. She will be born into a brave new world.




0 comments:

Post a Comment